Getting inspired for speeches!

Room 11 have been preparing for speeches this term.

Today we watched an incredible speech by Malala Yusafzai as she advocated for education for all. We listened as she told her extraordinary story of how she came to be in the position she is now. Following a class discussion we added our thoughts to large pieces of paper as we considered what makes this such a powerful speech.

Take a look at what we shared.

Here is the speech if you would like to get inspired too!

4 thoughts on “Getting inspired for speeches!

1. Talofa lava Room 8,
    I loved how you stuck to the task and did the description of the main character and stuck to the main point.

I wonder if you could maybe add more questions like using Google jam board, and possibly a variety of topics to write a speech about.

Malo Lava, Malosi.

2. KIa ora New Windsor School
    I love they way that you are trying to inspired the students to do speeches. This reminds me when PBS did a speech competition. Have you tried to do speech competitions?

Kind Regards
    competition Valencia

3. Talofa lava New Windsor school I love how you inspired Students to do speeches! It reminds me when PBS also did some speeches Kind regards Unique.

4. Kia ora New Windsor school I really like how one of your students made a speech about how all should have the chance to be educated. I havn’t watched the her yet but I know it is going to be inspiring. Cheers Blake (Panmure Bridge)